Law firm EnvirLaw partner and environmental law attorney
Telefon: +372 527 3703
- 2019-... Member of the Board of Estonian Association for Environmental Management (EKJA)
- 2018–… Law firm EnvirLaw partner, environmental law attorney
- 2011–2017 Environmental law attorney at law firm GLIMSTEDT
- 2015–2016 Member of the Board of Estonian Association for Environmental Management (EKJA)
- 2010–2011 Member of the working group on the codification of the environmental law
- 2009–2013 Forestry Level IV consultant (Certificate no 043485)
- 2008–2011 Attorney at law firm bnt attorneys-at-law
- 2004–2008 Head of the Legal Department of the Ministry of the Environment
- 2002–2004 Adviser to the Legal Department of the Ministry of Justice
- 2008–… University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Doctoral studies (PhD, Environmental Law)
- 2003–2008 Tallinn University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Master in Social Sciences (Social management strategies)
- 2001–2002 Freie Universität Berlin, Law, LLM
- 1996–2001 University of Tartu, Law, Master degree equated bachelor’s degree
A selection of experiences in the field of environmental cooperation
- Representing entrepreneurs in the procedure for the determination of environmental fees both in out-of-court and administrative court proceedings.
- Consulting of owners of immovable property in relation to the formation of a protected area by the state.
- Advising of holders of the environmental permit in relation to the fulfilment of the permit requirements.
- Advising of mining companies in issuing extraction permits both in out-of-court and administrative court proceedings.
- Advising of entrepreneurs in applying for a license to use the hunting area in both out-of-court and administrative court proceedings, and preparing contracts for hunting in immovable property.
- Advising of a gas sales company on issues related to LNG sales in Estonia.
- Participation in the reform of the system for paying and taking into account environmental fees.
- Counselling of public authorities in relation to the implementation of the principle of producer liability in waste management.
- Advising of the National Foundation on the merge of non-profit associations joining forest owners.
- Drafting of an amendment to the Ambient Air Protection Act in connection with the transposition of Directive 2009/30/EU.
- Drafting of a legislation on amendments to the Waste Act with the transposition of the Waste Framework Directive.
- Drafting of and participating in the development of a number of other environmental laws and regulations.
- Conducting of a number of trainings in the field of environmental law and related fields, as well as participation in conferences giving presentations both in Estonia and abroad.
- Representation of companies dealing with local government or state authorities in matters concerning planning and building law.
- Periodic consultation of a state-owned company on matters relating to environmental law (environmental monitoring, emissions trading and ambient air protection, in particular)
- Compiling of the parts concerning environmental law for the LDD of acquisition of companies.
- Environmental consultancy for different farmers (environmental impact assessment, environmental fees, environmental permits, producer’s liability, packaging regulations).
- Advising of state institutions in regards to the maintenance of the problem product registry.
- Representation of grant applicants in dispute and court proceedings in connection with Environmental Investment Centre, Estonian Private Forest Centre, and environmental grants issued by ARIB.
- Analysis of compliance with different state aid rules in the environmental field at the request of both the state and entrepreneurs.
- articipating as a legal counsel in state-run residual pollution elimination projects.
- Legal counselling for private forest owners in relation to forest management.
- Preparation of contracts for felling authorisation and the sale of timber and consulting in the performance of contracts.
- 2016 Initiator of the environmental innovation forum at the Opinion Festival and a participant in the implementation of the project.
- 2012/2013 Organiser and performer of the environmental seminar series organised by Äripäev and GLIMSTEDT law firm.
- Initiator, participant, and speaker in the seminar project series ‘How to survive in ever-tightening conditions?’ organised by Estonian Association for Environmental Management (EKJA) and GLIMSTEDT law firm.
- Author of several opinion articles on environmental law published in various publications over the years.
- Organising and performing in several trainings focused on environmental law.
We value cooperation with various environmental experts.
We are members of the Estonian Environmental Management Association.